Re: debbugs tracker builds character

From: Eric Abrahamsen
Subject: Re: debbugs tracker builds character
Date: Sat, 23 Jul 2016 19:07:02 -0400

Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> writes:

>> I did this at the package level (rather than the deeper features level)
>> just because it seemed cleaner. Using features, you get all the
>> individual files of multi-file packages, which seems messy (and prone to
>> missing the maintainer). We'd also be offering all the built-in Emacs
>> libraries, for which there's no sensible "maintainer", and could end up
>> cc'ing people who wrote libraries decades ago.
>
> Hmm... how 'bout
>
>     (if (bound-and-true-p package--initialized)
>         (seq-intersection (mapcar #'car package-alist) features)
>       features)
>
> then?

But the `seq-intersection' call will filter out packages that have been
installed (are in package-alist), but not loaded (are not in features).
Wouldn't it make more sense to use:

(seq-uniq (append features (mapcar #'car package-alist)))

Also, what was the outcome of the seq.el pre-loading/autoloading
discussion? Are seq-* functions guaranteed to be available?

Eric