Re: What’s the deal with #if _LIBC and other non-Emacs code?

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: What’s the deal with #if _LIBC and other non-Emacs code?
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2016 22:42:55 -0400

> This code is maintained by glibc, where those parts are used.
> Although our version diverged quite a lot from the one in glibc, we
> still have plans to merge them at some point.  So I think we shouldn't
> remove those parts.

AFAIK, this code used to be in some version of glibc, but glibc has
moved to a completely different regexp implementation many years ago.
IIRC gnulib was the last non-Emacs package which shared this code, and
AFAIK gnulib also dropped this (not sure if it replaced it with
something else or what, tho).

So, my understanding is that this code is now 100% ours with no hope to
sync it with anyone else.

        Stefan