RE: humble proposal: New special form progn-1

From: Tino Calancha
Subject: RE: humble proposal: New special form progn-1
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2016 20:35:30 +0900 (JST)

On Wed, 27 Jul 2016, Drew Adams wrote:

and sometimes for a return-value computation that is followed by
some side effect such as showing a message.

But for most cases where someone else might use `prog1' I'm already
let-binding a variable that I use for the value that might otherwise
be returned by the `prog1' (or by a `prog2').

(let (... result) ... (setq result ...) ... result)

Yeah, i also like binding one 'result' variable: this way
all defun's in the code sistematically return
the last evaluated form.  Its easier to read.