[announce] Jade, a new package for JavaScript development

From: Nicolas Petton
Subject: [announce] Jade, a new package for JavaScript development
Date: Mon, 01 Aug 2016 12:17:59 +0200

Hi guys,

I've been willing for a long time to have tools in Emacs to work with a
JavaScript runtime, with an interface similar to CIDER and SLIME.

I've been working lately on a new package connects to a browser tab or
nodejs process and provides many features for JavaScript development:

- a REPL (with auto-completion using company-mode) & object inspection;

- an inspector, with history and navigation;

- and even a stepping Debugger, similar to edebug, or the cider
  debugger.

The project is on GitHub (https://github.com/NicolasPetton/jade) and can
be installed via MELPA (it requires Emacs 25).

The nodejs backend currently requires node-nightly as it uses the new
v8_inspector integration.

The chromium backend is known to work with recent versions of
Chrom[e|ium].

There's no Firefox backend currently, but I plan to write one as well.

I attached some screenshots.

Cheers,
Nico