Re: realgud now in elpa

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: realgud now in elpa
Date: Mon, 01 Aug 2016 16:19:54 +0300

> From: Rocky Bernstein <address@hidden>
> Date: Sun, 31 Jul 2016 19:58:11 -0400
> Cc: address@hidden, address@hidden
>
> Although I'll make some general comments here and some more specific ones
> below inline, bug reporting for
> ELPA packages isn't something that generally goes on in emacs-devel. Issue
> tracking for this package is
> currently done in https://github.com/realgud/realgud/issues . If you look
> there, some of the concerns you
> raise, have already been reported.

Actually, all of them have been reported.

Just one comment: there was a discussion there about fixing the
completion.  My suggestion is simply to use the completion provided by
GDB, because GDB always knows better how to complete various parts of
a command.  E.g., some parts may be file names, other programming
symbols, still others option values, etc.

Thanks.