Re: [announce] Jade, a new package for JavaScript development

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: [announce] Jade, a new package for JavaScript development
Date: Sun, 07 Aug 2016 19:13:27 -0400

>>> The project is on GitHub (https://github.com/NicolasPetton/jade) and can
>>> be installed via MELPA (it requires Emacs 25).
>> Any reasons not to put it into elpa.git?
> I want to wait a bit, when I'll consider it mature enough, I'll put it
> there.

If it's mature enough for MELPA, I don't see why it wouldn't be fit for
GNU ELPA.

Also you can put it in elpa.git without making a release.

And finally, it's usually easier to do it earlier than to do it later
(by the time it matures, it has often accrued more contributors, so
you have to track them down and get their paperwork (at which time they
aren't terribly motivated to sign any more), instead of doing it
progressively as a prerequisite for contribution).

        Stefan