hebrew: bold face odd when using the monospace font.

From: Uwe Brauer
Subject: hebrew: bold face odd when using the monospace font.
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2016 19:55:41 +0000

Hi

I usually use the following font

  (custom-set-faces
   '(default ((t (:family "DejaVu Sans Mono" :foundry "unknown" :slant
                          normal :weight normal :height 143 :width normal))))))

Which gives also nice results for Hebrew. However when I want to use the
bold face version, either in org mode as in

*שלום*

Or in latex via \textbf{שלום }
then the fold face is displayed  very ugly, while the etl font behaves
as expected, I attach 2 sceenshot. How can I can change the behavior of
the bold face? Because via customize I don't see the hebrew fonts.

Uwe Brauer