Re: Grave ethical problem in MELPA

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: Grave ethical problem in MELPA
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2016 08:36:18 +0300

On 08/12/2016 07:37 AM, Richard Stallman wrote:

I'm told that the MELPA site requires nonfree software:

This statement is untrue, and we've discussed this before on this list.

This is unethical and works directly against what we say.  Does anyone
here know the site maintainers well enough to convince them to fix
this?

They have an issue filed to have their site work with LibreJS: https://github.com/melpa/melpa/issues/3731

From reading the comments, they've contacted the LibreJS maintainer, and there had been some positive exchange. I don't know whether any problems remain, and why.