Re: Fwd: M-x shell question

From: Kaushal Modi
Subject: Re: Fwd: M-x shell question
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2016 14:45:06 +0000

On Fri, Aug 19, 2016 at 10:36 AM Robert Weiner <address@hidden> wrote:
On Fri, Aug 19, 2016 at 10:14 AM, Kaushal Modi <address@hidden> wrote:
I wrote: This could just be an alias as well if all of the other shell related commands start with shell-.

I have "^shell" instead of just "shell", so it shows me only the commands that begin with "shell". Once I have that list, I pick one and hit return. That's it.

​propos accepts regular expressions as well, so you don't need counsel to get similar behavior.  As I said, one of the command names could start with shell-.

As I said, it's preference. I meant to emphasize this in my previous email:

I prefer:

*Once I have that list, I pick one and hit return. That's it.*

I like the speed:
http://i.imgur.com/OP1RR8c.gifv

rather than:

1. M-x apropos-command (or C-h a)
2. Find the command I want after scrolling through a possible multi-page buffer
3. M-x command-I-found
4. Repeat 1-2 till I find the right command
--

Kaushal Modi