Re: compilation of emacs 25.1 with xwidgets on os x

From: psachin
Subject: Re: compilation of emacs 25.1 with xwidgets on os x
Date: Sat, 20 Aug 2016 03:00:51 +0530

Hi Alan,

I'm not sure, but have you tried specifying the version,

--with-x-toolkit=gtk4

I hope that works.

--
Sachin

On Sat, Aug 20, 2016 at 1:23 AM, Alan Schmitt <address@hidden> wrote:
Hello,

I’m trying to compile emacs 25.1 with xwidgets on os x, and I’m facing
some issues. I’ve found out that I need the configure option
`--without-ns' for the option `--with-gtk-toolkit=gtk3' to stick, but I
cannot get my local installation of webkitgtk to be recognized: the
version provided by homebrew only seems to provide webkitgtk-4.0, which
is not accepted by emacs (that seems to require webkitgtk-3.0).

Is it possible to compile emacs 25.1 with xwidgets support on os x?

Thanks a lot for this great release,

Alan Schmitt

--
OpenPGP Key ID : 040D0A3B4ED2E5C7
Monthly Athmospheric CO₂, Mauna Loa Obs. 2015-07: 401.31, 2016-07: 404.39