os x: 25.1 rc2 has new error message i did not get in rc1 (Network unrea

From: John Owens
Subject: os x: 25.1 rc2 has new error message i did not get in rc1 (Network unreachable! Try M-x auto-install-handle-emacswiki-package-name afterward.)
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2016 16:52:16 +0000 (UTC)

I have never seen this error message in all my time using emacs:

Network unreachable!
Try M-x auto-install-handle-emacswiki-package-name afterward.

(I did have a network connection.)

It was surely caused by the following two lines in my .emacs, which I have now removed:

;; (require 'auto-install)
;; (auto-install-update-emacswiki-package-name t)

Probably with the package system, auto-install is no longer necessary. Just wanted to note a behavior difference between rc1 and rc2, and put this into emacs-devel for posterity.

JDO