Re: Unbalanced change hooks (part 2) [Documentation fix still remaining]

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Unbalanced change hooks (part 2) [Documentation fix still remaining]
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2016 17:46:49 -0400

> Of course we are in agreement, about the essence.  Your text saus the
> same as mine, except that I don't find "conservative bound" to be more
> helpful than what I wrote, quite the contrary.

Let's take a step back:

We have 4 people in this thread who have trouble agreeing about a tiny
spot of the doc but really want to see some closure.  Current doc's
score:

   Alan: -1
   Daniel: -1
   Eli: +1
   Stef: 0

Where 0 means I can live with it.  Daniel's doc's score:

   Alan: -1
   Daniel: +1
   Stef: +1
   Eli: 0

[ I based the last "0" on the above paragraph where you seem to say that
  you prefer your text, but not super strongly, IOW you can live with it.  ]

For these reason, I think we should go with Daniel's wording, which only
irks Alan and hence rubs fewer people the wrong way.  Another advantage
is that this should close this thread (I think we all know at this point
that Alan won't ever agree with what you and I would agree to, which is
why the discussion had died before Daniel came along).

Please?

        Stefan