Re: image-rotate: Accept angle as an argument

From: Tino Calancha
Subject: Re: image-rotate: Accept angle as an argument
Date: Tue, 6 Sep 2016 02:28:09 +0900 (JST)

On Mon, 5 Sep 2016, Lars Ingebrigtsen wrote:

Tino Calancha <address@hidden> writes:

i guess the code in image-mode.el for the rotations/resizes would be
much simple using the API from image.el.

Well, the image-mode rotation settings do a lot more, like keeping the
width/height from exceeding the frame width/height etc, so I don't think
there's much potential for reuse there.  Unless I'm misremembering what
all that stuff was about in image-mode; it's been a while since I looked
at it.
I noticed a recent change in image.c broke something in image-mode.  While
trying to fix it i realized that the fix is much simple if image-mode use
more the API in image.el that it currently does.

Maybe it's a good time to look at these two files simultaneously.