Re: CC-mode highlight change between 24.5 and 25

From: Oleh Krehel
Subject: Re: CC-mode highlight change between 24.5 and 25
Date: Tue, 06 Sep 2016 15:37:55 +0200

Hi Alan,

Alan Mackenzie <address@hidden> writes:

> I was a little over confident in my brace counting.  The code was
> landing at the "class" inside the template delimiters, and moving
> forward over the "{", then saying "I'm now at the top level inside a
> class".  Rubbish!
>
> I've (hopefully) corrected that in the patch that follows which, again,
> is the full patch which should apply to the savannah master.  (Please
> just discard the patch from yesterday.)
>
> So, please try out the following, and let me know, again, how it copes
> with real C++ code.  Thanks!

I'm testing the updated code. Looks much better. But I attach an example
where it still highlights a variable as a function. It's a strange
example as well: the comments and previous statements are significant. I
reduced the code to around 10 lines and it's not easy to reduce further.

Here's how I test it:

    emacs -Q cctest.cc

The variable `gfs' is highlighted as a function. The highlight is quite
volatile: adding a newline before the line removes the highlight.

Oleh