RE: Ibuffer: w and B default to buffer at current line

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: Ibuffer: w and B default to buffer at current line
Date: Sat, 17 Sep 2016 12:33:27 -0700 (PDT)

> > > If DWIM is okay in the UI, then functions that behave in support of
> > > that UI should also be okay.
> >
> > Yes, of course.  But as I pointed out, the case at hand has
> > nothing to do with DWIM.
>
> I disagree.

And your reason is?

A user _explicitly specifies_ which to use, of the behaviors
the command supports.  How is that guess-what-I-mean-and-do-it?

Is `forward-char` a DWIM command, simply because it can move
different distances depending on a prefix arg?  I don't think
so, but sure, feel free to disagree.