Re: Emacs Mac port

From: YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu
Subject: Re: Emacs Mac port
Date: Sun, 18 Sep 2016 16:48:06 +0900

>> ... we now round the
>> frame size according to the character size only on resize by mouse
>> dragging or changes of the `fullscreen' frame parameter.

> Can you kindly explain what this means?  IMHO the behavior should be
> such as to

> - not round when mouse dragging or changing the `fullscreen' parameter

> - round otherwise (if requested).

> I don't know whether you implemented `frame-resize-pixelwise'.

The change I described was about the case that the variable
`frame-resize-pixelwise' is nil.  If it is t, then the rounding never
occurs.

When `frame-resize-pixelwise' is nil, the previous versions of the Mac
port always respected the window size hints and did rounding.  But
this appears to interfere with "automatic window tabbing" introduced
in macOS 10.12, so I restricted the cases where the size hints is
respected.

                                     YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu
                                address@hidden