Re: Emacs Mac port

From: martin rudalics
Subject: Re: Emacs Mac port
Date: Sun, 18 Sep 2016 10:15:47 +0200

> When `frame-resize-pixelwise' is nil, the previous versions of the Mac
> port always respected the window size hints and did rounding.  But
> this appears to interfere with "automatic window tabbing" introduced
> in macOS 10.12, so I restricted the cases where the size hints is
> respected.

I must be still missing something: Originally you said that

  "we now round the frame size according to the character size only on
  resize by mouse dragging or changes of the `fullscreen' frame
  parameter"

which doesn't make sense to me: Rounding on resize by mouse dragging
doesn't seem reasonable to me because the frame edge will not follow the
mouse pointer but rather jump instead.  Rounding when maximizing or
making a fullscreen frame, however, is much worse because it may leave a
maximized or fullscreen frame with empty space at anedge of the screen.

So I'm curious whether your description above just inverts the meaning
of what you actually do.

martin