Re: Minor doc improvement in nt/INSTALL.W64

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Minor doc improvement in nt/INSTALL.W64
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2016 19:41:41 +0300

> From: Nikolay Kudryavtsev <address@hidden>
> Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2016 04:47:27 +0300
>
> Hello. I'm not sure if the current procedure for this, as described in
> INSTALL and INSTALL.W64, is optimal.
>
> I think you can just clone the repo and do:
>
> git config core.eol false
> git config core.safecrlf false
> git config core.autocrlf false
> git rm --cached -r .
> git reset --hard
>
> I tried repeating the issue, autogen.sh breaks on normal clone, this
> fixes it like the current procedure, but this does not require cloning
> again and does not touch the global git config.

There are many different ways to cut a cake with Git.  Problem is, not
all of them work with all the versions of Git.

Unless something is really wrong with the recipe in nt/INSTALL, I
don't think it's a good idea to confuse the readers by presenting
additional methods.  This problem is supposed to be very rare anyway.

Thanks.