Re: emacs-25 version number

From: Glenn Morris
Subject: Re: emacs-25 version number
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2016 12:07:21 -0400

So master now targets 25.3?

As predicted, a bunch of bug metadata is now incorrect.
Plus all the instances of "25.2" in master.
These had better be changed before a merge from emacs-25 brings in other
"25.2" that actually do refer to 25.2.

Also, it is now unclear what "25.1.50" means in future bug reports.
(An old version of master, or a current version of emacs-25?)

I can't help feeling that this is a predictably confusing and
unsatisfactory state of affairs. I'm sorry for going on about this.