Re: Dired: Improve symmetry in mark/unmark commands bound to keys

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Dired: Improve symmetry in mark/unmark commands bound to keys
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2016 18:06:44 +0300

> From: Tino Calancha <address@hidden>
> Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2016 18:23:08 +0900 (JST)
> Cc: Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden>, Emacs developers <address@hidden>,
>       Andreas Schwab <address@hidden>, address@hidden,
>       address@hidden
>
> I still don't know why the bug report was closed such prompt considering
> the issue was polemic.

I closed the bug report because your response indicated that you don't
want to have anything to do with fixing it while leaving the
possibility to specify the marker character.  You told me if I wanted
to fix it I shall do it myself.  So I fixed the cause for the error
(which was the original reason for filing the bug), and saw the bug
fixed by that.  Apologies if I misunderstood what you really meant.

In any case, closing the bug doesn't mean we cannot continue
discussing it.  Moreover, feel free to reopen it if you think the fix
is incorrect.