Checking copyright assignments

From: Michael Heerdegen
Subject: Checking copyright assignments
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2016 18:56:52 +0200

Hello,

it seems I need to commit patches for other people from time to time.
To do that, I need to check whether they have signed the copyright
papers.  I searched a long time for where I can check that.  I did find
nothing in the Emacs sources.  I quickly had a look at the savannah
pages, but didn't find something.  Then I used internet search, and the
only hint I found was in:

  https://www.gnu.org/prep/maintain/html_node/Copyright-Papers.html

| To check whether papers have been received, look in
| /gd/gnuorg/copyright.list. If you can’t look there directly,
| address@hidden can check for you. Our clerk can also check for
| papers that are waiting to be entered and inform you when expected
| papers arrive.

I don't understand the "look in /gd/gnuorg/copyright.list" part - what
does that mean?  I tried to visit

  https://www.gnu.org/gd/gnuorg/copyright.list

but got 404.

How to do it right?  And finally: was my searching too dumb, or is this
information really not that easy to find?

Thanks,

Michael.