Re: [Emacs-diffs] feature/integrated-elpa 4f6df43 15/23: README added

From: John Wiegley
Subject: Re: [Emacs-diffs] feature/integrated-elpa 4f6df43 15/23: README added
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2016 09:53:43 -0700

>> Why would anyone be rebuilding core libraries? Or are you proposing this
>> for the Emacs developers?

PL> Non core developers who become core developers, bringing their packages
PL> with them.

I would like to not add any new core libraries, until the day we need to
depend upon them from other core libraries. New development, as much as
possible, should be directed to ELPA. The whole point of this new ELPA reorg
is that, by making it easy to include ELPA code in the distribution, there is
no longer any real reason to pull new code into core.  The core of what Emacs
does changes relatively little from version to version.