RE: [Emacs-diffs] feature/integrated-elpa 4f6df43 15/23: README added

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: [Emacs-diffs] feature/integrated-elpa 4f6df43 15/23: README added
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2016 10:06:59 -0700 (PDT)

> I would like to not add any new core libraries, until the day we need to
> depend upon them from other core libraries. New development, as much as
> possible, should be directed to ELPA. The whole point of this new ELPA reorg
> is that, by making it easy to include ELPA code in the distribution, there
> is no longer any real reason to pull new code into core.  The core of what
> Emacs does changes relatively little from version to version.

I hope that:

1. The Lisp code distributed with Emacs will continue to include all
   that has been included before, so users do not need to use package.el
   etc. to obtain any of it.

2. All Emacs Lisp code, apart from 3rd-party libraries, will continue
   to be available in .../lisp/, so users can easily grep for it and
   use `M-x find-library', without messing with packages.

3. The source-code directory structure under .../lisp/ does not become
   any, or much, deeper.  So far, *.el, */*.el, and */*/*.el are
   sufficient.