Re: Some proposed backports from master to emacs-25

From: Noam Postavsky
Subject: Re: Some proposed backports from master to emacs-25
Date: Sun, 2 Oct 2016 12:40:24 -0400

On Sun, Oct 2, 2016 at 10:54 AM, Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> wrote:
> Could you please provide a short explanation why you think each of the
> backports should be in 25.2?  I've looked through the log messages,
> and couldn't figure that out easily.
>
> In general, since we want 25.2 released quickly, I think the criteria
> for back-porting should be somewhat rigid, something like:
>
>   . any doc fixes
>   . regressions from 24.5
>   . problems introduced in features new in 25.1

Ah, in that case, I would propose just these 4 (pushed to
scratch/backports-25.2-strict)

;;; Regression in Emacs 25.1
Don't require isearch-update before isearch-done

;;; This bug actually crashes in emacs-25
Avoid error in icalendar--read-element

;;; Doc fixes
Make a menu less ambiguous
Doc fix for url-http