gnus-group-read-group: accept ranges as first argument

From: Tino Calancha
Subject: gnus-group-read-group: accept ranges as first argument
Date: Sat, 8 Oct 2016 19:17:12 +0900 (JST)

I see `gnus-group-read-group' with first arg N/-N
will fech the newest/oldest abs(N) articles.

This is somehow similar than what `debbugs-gnu-bugs' does:
-N: show the newest abs(N) bugs.
N: show the bug #N.
N-M: show the bugs N, N+1, ..., M-1, M.

Would be possible to accept ranges in `gnus-group-read-group'
as well?

I ask this because i am trying to read one article from
2008, more or less in the middle, so that neither N nor -N
help to catch my target article: in both cases abs(N)
need to be a large integer.

Is there a better way to download a particular
article than just using `gnus-group-read-group'? I am
still a newbie in gnus.

Tino
Thank you.