el-search 1.0 (was: [Ann] elisp-refs, a semantic elisp search tool (GNU

From: Michael Heerdegen
Subject: el-search 1.0 (was: [Ann] elisp-refs, a semantic elisp search tool (GNU ELPA request))
Date: Sat, 15 Oct 2016 07:28:41 +0200

Hi Wilfred,

> I've written a package [elisp-refs] that does a semantic search of all
> the elisp in the current Emacs instance.

Cool, inspired by el-search...looks very nice.  Will have a closer look.

FWIW, I decided to publish el-search 1.0 on Elpa now, though I wanted to
do so originally in a few days (hoping I left nothing half-baked), so
that we see where both packages complement each other, or if we even
should consider to merge them sometime later.  I've implemented
multi-searches now, but I don't have an occur like summary view, and it
would probably be too slow for its approach anyway.

Regards,

Michael.