Re: [Emacs-diffs] master cf566b4: Disable bracketed paste in a terminal

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: [Emacs-diffs] master cf566b4: Disable bracketed paste in a terminal in char mode
Date: Sun, 16 Oct 2016 11:52:50 +0300

> From: Stefan Monnier <address@hidden>
> Date: Sat, 15 Oct 2016 11:43:29 -0400
> Cc: Philipp Stephani <address@hidden>
>
> >     * term.el (term-char-mode, term-line-mode): Inhibit XTerm
> >     bracketed paste in char mode.
>
> Wouldn't it be better to change term.el so that it works with
> bracketed paste?  I.e. add a binding for the backeted paste event that
> "does the right thing" (basically, undo the bracketing)?

Philipp, I see that you've pushed your changes to master, but did
nothing on the release branch.  Do you intend to commit some fix to
the release branch later?  I think this should be fixed in Emacs 25.2,
because it's a regression due to our introduction of the bracketed
paste mode support in Emacs 25.1.  If the changes pushed to master
aren't safe enough for the release branch, let's try to come up with
some safer change for the latter.

Thanks.