Re: New customization option for killing processes without asking

From: Daniel Colascione
Subject: Re: New customization option for killing processes without asking
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2016 19:07:32 -0700

On 09/27/2016 11:53 AM, Philipp Stephani wrote:
Hi,

there seem to be sufficiently many people annoyed by the "Active
processes exist; kill them and exit anyway" prompt (see
e.g. http://stackoverflow.com/q/2706527/178761) that I created a new
customization option to make prompting optional. I've attached a patch,
which I can push to master unless there are complaints.

On a related note, I think I have a patch somewhere (maybe I even sent it to emacs-devel?) that makes comint behave like common terminal emulators with respect to killing subprocesses: kill without prompting if the foreground process is the shell, and prompt otherwise.