Re: When should ralloc.c be used? (WAS: bug#24358)

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: When should ralloc.c be used? (WAS: bug#24358)
Date: Sun, 23 Oct 2016 20:21:33 -0400

  > I don't like it either, but would rather work on redoing the build process
so
  > that we can use the native malloc on all hosts.

That may not be desirable, though.  We started using GNU malloc
because it gave much better performance than some native mallocs.
Whether that is true today, I have no idea; I am only saying
that it is an issue to consider.

Stefan said:

  > But that doesn't explain why we'd need to use ralloc in the mean time.

Why would we not want to use ralloc?  It made a big improvement for
memory management when I wrote it.

--
Dr Richard Stallman