Re: [Emacs-diffs] emacs-25 ee04aed: Fix handling of buffer relocation in

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: [Emacs-diffs] emacs-25 ee04aed: Fix handling of buffer relocation in regex.c functions
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2016 09:25:07 +0300

> From: Stefan Monnier <address@hidden>
> Cc: Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden>
> Date: Sun, 23 Oct 2016 16:31:24 -0400
>
> > +     /* Update 'base' due to possible relocation inside re_search_2.  */
> > +     base = current_buffer->text->beg;
>
> I recommend wrapping this in "#if REL_ALLOC", so as to make it clear why
> relation might be possible (e.g. to distinguish from GC-triggered
> relocation, for example) and to make it clear what could be gained by
> getting rid of REL_ALLOC.

IMO it makes no sense to condition only this on REL_ALLOC, without
conditioning all the rest.  The bulk is in regex.c, btw.

I think we should consider these nits when we finish fixing the bugs
due to relocation, one way or another.  Until then we don't really
know what parts will stay in the code.

Thanks.