Re: Emphasizing the top of the frame

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Emphasizing the top of the frame
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2016 21:40:19 +0300

> Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2016 21:27:23 +0300
> From: Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden>
> Cc: address@hidden
>
> The relevant places to look are xdisp.c, dispnew.c, and dispextern.h.
> IOW, the Emacs display engine.  It currently _knows_ that the
> minibuffer is at bottom and that the mode line is the last screen line
> of any window.

That was somewhat inaccurate: the fact that the minibuffer window is
at bottom is coded in frame.c:make_frame, where the frame's window
tree is set such that the minibuffer window is on the 'next' pointer
from the frame's root window.  Switching the order shouldn't be hard,
but I'd like Martin's opinion on how many things this could break.