Re: [ELPA] New package: parsec

From: Junpeng Qiu
Subject: Re: [ELPA] New package: parsec
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2016 21:46:57 -0400

It is a very interesting idea to combine Free Monad with Parsec. I'll take a look at it.

>> make it possible for you to compile Haskell-written Parsec parsers into their corresponding Emacs Lisp "parsec" equivalents

It would be awesome if we can finally do this. For the time being, I'll mainly working on making parsec more complete, porting more Haskell functions to Emacs Lisp. It still needs to be more polished to become really useful.

Thanks for your emacs-pl and the information!

Best,
-Junpeng

On Tue, Oct 25, 2016 at 5:46 PM, John Wiegley <address@hidden> wrote:

JQ> Sorry. I seemed to paste the wrong URL for John's emacs-pl. Here you go:
JQ> [emacs-pl]: https://github.com/jwiegley/emacs-pl

Thanks for the link, Junpeng! In return for your gracious contribution, I
offer a new Haskell library to play with that you might find useful, since it
should make it possible for you to compile Haskell-written Parsec parsers into
their corresponding Emacs Lisp "parsec" equivalents -- or at least part of the
way. :)

    http://hackage.haskell.org/package/parsec-free

--
John Wiegley                  GPG fingerprint = 4710 CF98 AF9B 327B B80F
http://newartisans.com                          60E1 46C4 BD1A 7AC1 4BA2