Re: When should ralloc.c be used? (WAS: bug#24358)

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: When should ralloc.c be used? (WAS: bug#24358)
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2016 14:46:54 +0300

> Cc: address@hidden, address@hidden
> From: Paul Eggert <address@hidden>
> Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2016 22:08:21 -0700
>
> > We should withdraw 25.1, I think.
>
> I don't think that will help. Similar problems likely affect 24.5 and earlier
> versions, if they are built against bleeding-edge glibc and are configured in
> the default way.

Indeed, I agree.  People who first bump into this with Emacs 25.1 will
have 25.2 soon enough (I hope).  By contrast, those who will try to
build Emacs 24.x on the newer GNU/Linux systems will be unable to
resolve the instability problems exposed by using ralloc.c, except by
back-porting patches we have just committed to the Emacs repository,
which is not easy.

Not sure what to do with the old versions, or whether anything can be
done.