Re: Concurrency, again

From: Ted Zlatanov
Subject: Re: Concurrency, again
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2016 09:50:51 -0400

On Tue, 25 Oct 2016 14:41:54 +0000 Philipp Stephani <address@hidden> wrote:

PS> Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> schrieb am Di., 25. Okt. 2016 um
PS> 16:26 Uhr:

>> > Out of curiosity I've implemented Plan9/Go-style CSP based on libtask
>> > (without OS threads) in Emacs with minimal changes, and most things seem
>> > work just fine.
>>
>> Great.  Have you then tried to make Gnus use it?

PS> No, I don't use Gnus myself, so I couldn't compare it to the current state
PS> anyway.

Take a single buffer, clear it, then take a randomized big vector,
filter it by different keys to reduce to about 50% of the original size,
then sort it multiple times by different keys, inserting the elements
one by one into the buffer. For each insertion, do a formatting step
that calls the same 3-4 functions every time. That would be somewhat
similar to what Gnus does to build the article list.

This might be a good performance test for any proposed concurrent changes.

Ted