Re: When should ralloc.c be used? (WAS: bug#24358)

From: Fabrice Popineau
Subject: Re: When should ralloc.c be used? (WAS: bug#24358)
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2016 15:44:27 +0200

On 10/26/2016 06:23 PM, Richard Stallman wrote:
Could you explain that more?

The main idea is to save the current Emacs state as C source code, then compile the (large and boring) .c file and relink Emacs with the resulting .o file instead of a dummy .o file that it would start off with. Most of this new .o file would be data; perhaps some would be code that would initialize the data, though we'd want to minimize this.

I find it disturbing that a C compiler will be needed to redump Emacs.
Am I alone ?

Fabrice