Yanking as HTML

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen
Subject: Yanking as HTML
Date: Sun, 30 Oct 2016 10:42:10 +0100

I've tried googling for this for a few minutes, but I haven't found
anything promising (without relying on uncommon external programs).

I sometimes copy text from Firefox to Emacs, and when I'm pasting into
HTML documents, I would sometimes prefer to retain the HTML formatting
of what I'm copying.

Does Emacs have support for this somehow?  And if not, has anybody
thought about what this support should look like?  Obviously, the user
must be able to control "how much" richness should be yanked when
yanking (just the text; the HTML formatting; perhaps images too?).