Re: Yanking as HTML

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen
Subject: Re: Yanking as HTML
Date: Sun, 30 Oct 2016 11:47:58 +0100

Daniel Colascione <address@hidden> writes:

> A long time ago, I implemented support for rich-text copying _out_ of
> Emacs in the HAVE_NTGUI case, but that code never landed in the
> tree.

Oh, yeah, that's the other thing: It would be really nice if, when you
copy text from an eww buffer that it shows up as HTML if you paste it
into Firefox (or an Emacs HTML buffer, I guess).

> The feature you're requesting is pretty straightforward to
> implement, but it needs platform-specific C code.

Right.  Presumably on GNU/Linux first, and then the other platforms can
follow...

> I agree about the user
> options for controlling it --- perhaps on an operation-by-operation
> basis via some kind of special prefix flag.

And perhaps also (somehow) with different defaults pr mode.  If you're
yanking into an HTML buffer, `C-y' might default to yanking the
text/html clipboard?

And...  er...  what happens if you have an image in the clipboard?
Hm...  Well, it might make sense in a Message buffer?  It gets turned
into a image/jpeg (or whatever) part?