Re: Can we go GTK-only?

From: Perry E. Metzger
Subject: Re: Can we go GTK-only?
Date: Tue, 1 Nov 2016 22:26:06 -0400

On Tue, 01 Nov 2016 22:42:27 +0200 Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> wrote:
> > Cc: address@hidden, address@hidden,
> > address@hidden From: Daniel Colascione <address@hidden>
> > Date: Tue, 1 Nov 2016 13:17:01 -0700
> >
> > > I was not talking about multithreading in general.  I was
> > > talking specifically about Emacs, its coding practices, and its
> > > particular design and needs wrt memory allocation.
> >
> > You categorically stated that memory allocation off the main
> > thread is unsafe.
>
> No, I didn't.

You were saying platforms exist where Emacs runs and malloc() is not
thread safe mere hours ago. I am happy to provide you with your
comments from the archive if you don't recall that.

However, might we take this as meaning that you now agree that
malloc() is indeed thread safe?

Perry
--
Perry E. Metzger                address@hidden