Re: emacs-25 f708cb2: Clarify doc string of 'transpose-sexps'

From: Stephen Berman
Subject: Re: emacs-25 f708cb2: Clarify doc string of 'transpose-sexps'
Date: Fri, 04 Nov 2016 18:50:03 +0100

On Fri, 4 Nov 2016 10:21:36 -0700 (PDT) Drew Adams <address@hidden> wrote:

> It is not unreasonable to be clear and brief.  I repeat:
> if the doc means "the innermost sexp containing point" then
> it should just say that.  That's not being pedantic; it's
> being clear.

So is the following (combining Eli's changes with my correction and your
clarification) then clear enough?

"Like \\[transpose-chars] (`transpose-chars'), but applies to sexps.
If the innermost sexp containing point is a list or string, you cannot
transpose that sexp with another sexp.
With non-zero prefix arg ARG, effect is to take the sexp before point
and drag it forward past ARG other sexps (backward if ARG is negative).
If ARG is zero, the sexps ending at or after point and at or after mark
are interchanged."

Steve Berman