Re: On removing some obsolete code from subr and core

From: Mark Oteiza
Subject: Re: On removing some obsolete code from subr and core
Date: Sun, 6 Nov 2016 19:32:35 -0500

On 05/11/16 at 10:34am, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> For removed symbols, bringing back the ones that are still needed is
> easy.  But what do we do with the default-FOO variables, once the
> machinery for their generation is removed?

I am guessing this is referring to my erroneous comment on
buffer_defaults, as opposed to removing the DEFVAR_BUFFER_DEFAULTS
macro.

> In any case, this needs a NEWS entry listing all the removed
> variables.

Do you really want me to list them all in NEWS? I was inclined to
use--under the section for removed things--the old entry from
NEWS.23:

** All the default-FOO variables that hold the default value of the FOO
variable.