Re: Windows emacs-25.1 i686 vs x86_64?

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Windows emacs-25.1 i686 vs x86_64?
Date: Mon, 07 Nov 2016 21:29:03 +0200

> Date: Mon, 7 Nov 2016 14:02:28 -0500
> From: "Perry E. Metzger" <address@hidden>
> Cc: Paul Eggert <address@hidden>, address@hidden,
>  address@hidden, address@hidden
>
> I'm somewhat surprised that we're discussing support for a proprietary
> OS that has been off vendor extended support for over a decade and
> which no one uses any more.

We aren't.  "Discussing support" would be talking about some code that
needs to be written or rewritten or changed in support of that OS.
Nothing of the sort is on the table; the code is already written, was
written long ago, actually, and no one suggested to work on it, let
alone improve it.

What we are doing is we are bikeshedding about a short paragraph of
text that I added back to a README, that's all.  It's a mouse that
gave birth to a mountain.  I guess we have nothing more important to
do with our time.