Re: Windows emacs-25.1 i686 vs x86_64?

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Windows emacs-25.1 i686 vs x86_64?
Date: Mon, 07 Nov 2016 15:10:57 -0500

> Sure, but there's very little evidence that many of those are extant.

Five years ago, I would have wholeheartedly agreed with you.  And yet,
at that point, some user complained about something that broke under
Windows98 and in their context it was still in wide use and they went
through a fair bit of trouble helping us debug this use-case until it
worked again.

So my gut feeling still agrees with yours, but I wouldn't necessarily
trust it.

        Stefan