Re: Windows emacs-25.1 i686 vs x86_64?

From: Perry E. Metzger
Subject: Re: Windows emacs-25.1 i686 vs x86_64?
Date: Mon, 7 Nov 2016 15:22:28 -0500

On Mon, 07 Nov 2016 15:10:57 -0500 Stefan Monnier
<address@hidden> wrote:
> > Sure, but there's very little evidence that many of those are
> > extant.
>
> Five years ago, I would have wholeheartedly agreed with you.  And
> yet, at that point, some user complained about something that broke
> under Windows98 and in their context it was still in wide use and
> they went through a fair bit of trouble helping us debug this
> use-case until it worked again.
>
> So my gut feeling still agrees with yours, but I wouldn't
> necessarily trust it.

I think deliberately breaking it seems like it would be antisocial,
but going through substantial trouble (that is, say, holding back
some sort of improved functionality) to make sure it keeps working
also seems unreasonable.

Perry
--
Perry E. Metzger                address@hidden