Re: Windows emacs-25.1 i686 vs x86_64?

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Windows emacs-25.1 i686 vs x86_64?
Date: Wed, 09 Nov 2016 12:18:26 -0500

> Yes, I remember you saying and I remain surprised that you use such an
> old operating system, and presumably computer. I guess we wait till your
> machine breaks before we move to XP.

FWIW, I don't see much point in discontinuing support for XP.  At least
not until we bump into some situation where preserving compatibility
with XP causes significant extra work, or until XP is sufficiently rare.
Currently XP is pretty far from rare in my experience (many users stuck
to XP and resisted upgrading because the subsequent versions delivered
by Microsoft were perceived to be worse in some respects, which is why
Microsoft ended up having to extend support of XP until as late as 2014).

        Stefan