Re: lldb support

From: Stefan Huchler
Subject: Re: lldb support
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2016 18:42:49 +0100

Philippe Vaucher <address@hidden> writes:

> You have to understand that these sort of tactics simply don't work: none of
> these users will switch to GDB just because Emacs does not support the
> alternative. They will simply write the code in emacs and debug it
> outside emacs, so the result is actually the opposite of what you want (the
> users using GNU tools all the time).

Yes maybe non or not much of the current lldb users will switch to GDB, but
what is
with users that have for their first time a problem to debug, and use a
debugger tool first time in their live. if they are emacs users then
would likely use gdb.

So on them it would work, or at least on some of them. If that is
moralicly something good or bad is another question, I am shure Richard
or others here have more profound knowledge than I do.