Re: Issues marked as fixed in 25.2

From: Glenn Morris
Subject: Re: Issues marked as fixed in 25.2
Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2016 19:02:22 -0500

John Wiegley wrote:

> GM> Here's a list of (archived) bugs marked as fixed in version 25.2. Owing to
> GM> the change in the Emacs version numbering plan, most of these (except the
> GM> more recent ones) probably aren't actually fixed in 25.2. IMO it would be
> GM> good if the metadata was reviewed and adjusted to 26.1 where appropriate
> GM> (unarchive NNN; fixed NNN 26.1; notfixed NNN 25.2).
>
> That sounds reasonable to me; I imagine you can write a script to do
> the batch modification in debbugs?

If it were that simple, I would just have done it. :)

Some of these issues will actually be fixed in 25.2, some will be fixed
in the old 25.2, which is now 26.1. (It would be great if release
version numbers were predictable in advance.)

I suggest looking at the date the issue was closed and comparing it to
the date the version numbering was changed. But then you also need to
check for issues that have been backported since. And you might also
want to review every such issue to see if it _should_ be backported now.