Re: Regarding performance issues with the Emacs 25.1 Windows-build

From: Jostein Kjønigsen
Subject: Re: Regarding performance issues with the Emacs 25.1 Windows-build
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2016 16:39:27 +0100

Thanks Eli.

That's absolutely correct, and a major blunder on my part. My bad. Sorry about that!

I've rebuilt the test-setup for Phil's Emacs 25.1-build using the 64-bit DLLs provided by GNU:
http://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/emacs/windows/emacs-25-x86_64-deps.zip

Using Windows Performance Recorder, the build still runs at the same speed as Emacs 24.5 (7 seconds intense start up period) and seemingly loads all external libraries fine (I've tested gnutls, libxml2 and image-support indirectly through eww).

I guess that means that this build is fine as far as I can see. Sorry about the noise.

If this build gets published on the GNU website, I would consider this issue resolved as far as I am concerned.

Thanks for your efforts, everyone!

--
Jostein Kjønigsen
🥓