Re: Are there non-mingw32 binaries for Windows?

From: Kevin Layer
Subject: Re: Are there non-mingw32 binaries for Windows?
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2016 09:54:55 -0800

I've just never used the mingw32 binaries and the installation is more
complex.  I have been repackaging the older, single-zip binaries with
an NSIS installer, since it's just easier for Windows people to run an
exe to install.  The NSIS installer is here:

https://github.com/franzinc/emacsinstaller/

I'm just embarking on the task of updating it for 25.1, and wanted to
know if the old style binaries were just temporarily missing or gone
forever.  So, it's the latter.  I'll work to modify the scripts.

One question about the mingw32 emacs binary: is it like the Cygwin
emacs binary where it uses Cygwin mounts?  What I liked about the
native (MSVC) compiled emacs was that it used C:\... instead of /c/...

Thanks.

Kevin