RE: Rant on ...

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: Rant on ...
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2016 13:31:34 -0800 (PST)

> But perhaps there should be a command toggle pretty-printint the
> line under point?  The pretty-printed version of the line could be
> "expanded" under the line.  That would be nice...

1. Yes.

2. And another key to toggle expansion of `...' everywhere.

3. And explanation in `C-h m' help of how to configure Emacs to
show all by default (so toggling changes to `...').

4. And toggling expansion/contraction everywhere in the buffer
should not toggle it everywhere else.  IOW, debug mode should
have its own variable for this, and not just reuse a global
*-print-length-* or whatever setting.

5. FWIW, I too am annoyed by the `...'.  But I am even more
annoyed by the byte code that is still in backtraces: