Re: comint fix for shell colors

From: Erik Selberg
Subject: Re: comint fix for shell colors
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2016 14:43:00 -0800

I'm not 100% sure why comint-prompt-highlight inherits from modeline. I know close to 100% of the people I work with have some kind of colored prompt, so rather than make everyone who does that and uses shell, I'd set the default to not inherit from modeline.

absent that, something like:
FIXED: comint will now properly pass through colors from inferior processes (e.g. shell color prompt). Please disable inheritance from comint-prompt-highlight via (....)

-e

On Fri, Nov 18, 2016 at 11:50 AM, Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> wrote:
> From: Erik Selberg <address@hidden>
> Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2016 11:24:08 -0800
> Cc: Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden>, address@hidden
>
> Confirmed fixed in 25.1. I did have to remove the inheritance from mode-line to get the font proper, but I knew
> to look for that. Perhaps disabling inheritance by default? Or something for NEWS. :)

Thanks.  What would you suggest to say in NEWS?  Or maybe in some
relevant doc string?